|Username||Profile||PipeWire is used by default||PipeWire CLI||ALSA backend||GNOME Control Center||Pavucontrol works||Pavucontrol mixing||Pavucontrol recording||Pavucontrol add and remove devices||PipeWire handles Bluetooth devices||Jack applications||Jack MIDI routing||Comments|
|Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result||Enter result|
|Atak||Lenovo Carbon X1 3rd|
|Banksy||Lenovo Erazer X310 - Intel® Core™ i5-4460 - Radeon RX 570 (amdgpu)||||||||||||||||
Gaming Headset : OK
DisplayPort Audio from RX 570 : OK
2. Output device : G432 Gaming Headset Everything is OK !
3. #1948299, `aplay` not work over all endpoints (detailed in bug 1948299) `alsamixer` volume level adjustement work well with all physical devices
4. Sometimes I have to close and open again the Gnome Control Center so that everything works well.
5. Everything work fine
6. When the audio output is in the HDMI/DP monitor, plugging an additional sound device doesn't make them default ! Likewise, unplugging the sound device returns the sound to be played on the built-in a udio (and not HDMI/DP monitor even if it was the original device). It's a little annoying when you don't use the built-in audio like on a desktop computer !
7. Works well with two audio devices at the same time
|Edson Santos||Lenovo Ideapad 310-14isk i3-6100U 12GB DDR4|
1. Available targets ("*" denotes default): alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo
* 42: description="Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" prio=1009
2. Wav file plays just fine
3. i hear nothing
vailable targets ("*" denotes default): alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1f.3.analog-stereo
* 43: description="Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" prio=2009
5. The first recording is fine, the second one is indeed quiter
8. everything is ok
9. sorry dont have anything on hand
10. yup, works fine
|RomuloPB||Desktop, asus z170-A, GTX 1080, 32GB||||
This computer does not support Bluetooth, so I have skipped it.
Some devices such as surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 failed with
ALSA lib pcm_route.c:877:(find_matching_chmap) Found no matching channel map
aplay: main:830: audio open error: Invalid argument
2. 1. Some time volume can not be changed. Profile switching will fix. 2. Some time when changing output devices only some of sound sources will switch
3. 1. When adding/removing headphones it could "decide" if it was were pluged or not, by fastly changing volume and output device between speakers and headphones. 2. HDMI output device was not visible i n pavucontrol but was only in gnome-control-center. When I disconected it, output device was set to NULL and I had to change it manually. When I pluged it in volume raised unreasonably to 100%.
4. Sometimes after connection bluetooth headphones does not play sound. Reconnecting works. Sometimes profile switching does not work.
|bessiethecow||Lenovo ThinkPad T470s||||||
My external USB microphone wasn't getting detected as a input device after the upgrade even though it shows up in lsusb. It also works fine on test users that I made but not on my main user account. I
t started working after I enabled and disabled the internal microphone in the BIOS. I have a second monitor with speakers connected to my laptop via HDMI. It shows up as a separate audio output in the Gnome settings and it works fine but I only see one sink when I do pactl list sinks.
2. HDMI display speakers don't show up as an output but it works in Gnome settings.
|bhavdeep009||fedora33. Processor: AMD Ryzen5. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ADA05, RAM: 8GB, Graphics card: AMD Radeon 2GB|
Audio works as expected but I do not have recording device.
2. 1. aplay -L lists physical and logical devices on the system PASSED 2. Audio can be played over different endpoints using the aplay command : Test #2 : for "aplay -D default <audiofile.wav>" output gives "Lecture WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Fréquence 48000 Hz, Mono" PASSED Test #3 : for "aplay -D hw:0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav" output gives "ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1829:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card" PASSED Test #3 : for "aplay -D hw:1 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav" output gives "Lecture WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Fréquence 48000 Hz, Mono" PASSED Test #4 : for "aplay -D pipewire <audiofile.wav>" output gives "Lecture WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Fréquence 48000 Hz, Mono" PASSED Test #5 : for "aplay -D sysdefault:CARD=PCH /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav" output gives "Lecture WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Fréquence 48000 Hz, Mono" PASSED Test #7 : PASSED
3. Microphone has not been tested (no microphone to test)
4. Cannot test #8 and #9 (only one output device)
5. 1. Pavucontrol starts and shows the available sound devices on the Output devices tab. PASSED 2. When a Bluetooth device is connected, it appears in Pavucontrol PASSED 2. and the sound is immediately routed through this device. FAILED (had to make default first) 3. When a Bluetooth device is disconnected, it disappears from the device list and the sound is immediately rerouted back to the original device. PASSED 4. Profiles and codecs work if they are available. DIDN'T TEST (not available) An issue that could be related to my Bluetooth adapter or receiver prevented me to connect the BT audio back after disconnecting. "src/service.c:btd_service_connect() a2dp-sink profile connect failed for :MACADDRESS: Device or resource busy"
|bmilar||Lenovo ThnikPad P50|||||| ||||||
built-in speakers (Intel) + HDMI (NVIDIA)
2. I am unable to change volume via alsamixer and to play sounds via "alsa -D hw:..." or "alsa -D hw:CARD=...": $ aplay -D hw:0 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/ alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono aplay: set_params:1349: Channels count non available $ aplay -D hw:1 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav aplay: main:830: audio open error: No such file or directory
3. Bare metal - All features work, but since I pressed the Bark alert sound button, system alert is switched to the bark sound and I am unable to change it again.
4. All features work, but since I pressed the Bark alert sound button, system alert is switched to the bark sound and I am unable to change it again.
5. Bare metal - only system sounds uses the default (built-in) device. All other apps use the output selected last time in pavucontrol or Control Center (even for another app).
6. #1948091, I only tested HDMI/DP since I have no external (e.g. USB) audio device. 1 external screen works fine. Switching between 2 external screens does not work correctly (see the bug in rhbz).
|couchfox||ThinkPad E560, 16GB+180GB SSD||||||||||||||||
as expected, services running with no user interaction.
2. Audio devices tested: 47: description="Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" 96: description="Plantronics Blackwire 5210 Series Mono" 95: description="ATR2x-USB Analog Stereo" 63: description="USB PnP Aud io Device Digital Stereo (IEC958)"
3. Devices tested: 50: description="Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" 106: description="Plantronics Blackwire 5210 Series Mono"
4. Same audio devices as 
5. Same audio devices as 
6. Tested with same audio devices as 
7. Bluetooth devices tested: Sony WH-1000XM3, Jabra SOLEMATE 1.33, Jabra Elite 25e, each with HFP + A2DP. All tests pass.
|danniel||lenovo ideapd s145 i7 8GB|
Once in a while by headset disconnects (works fine on fedora 33):
pipewire-media-session: a2dp-sink 0x55d8a12e5538: error 24
pipewire-media-session: a2dp-sink 0x55d8a12e5538: ioctl fail:
Bad file descriptor
/usr/libexec/gdm-x-session: (II) config/udev: removing device TaoTronics TT-BH085 (AVRC>
|frenkel||Lenovo ThinkStation P340|
|fuller||https://linux-hardware.org/?probe=d27988d8dd ; Scientific KDE|
pipewire-media-session: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply
Recording in usr/share/sounds didn't work with sudo: error: pw_context_connect() failed: Host is down.
Moving into home directory to record worked correctly. Playback worked correctly in both locat
2. On XFCE, so used Pulseaudio Volume Control to run tests. Everything worked as expected.
3. Everything worked as expected
4. Works with airpod pros, however a few days ago I had to follow this tweak to get them to pair correctly with Fedora: https://www.raymondjdouglas.com/blog/2019/airpods-on-arch/
5. Used yoshimi, didn't see it on the graph at first but it was being covered by another audio device, dragging them around revealed it and everything worked as intended.
|jpbn||hard metal install F34 on imac early 2008 gnome40 wayland||||
aplay -D sysdefault audiotest.wav
Playing WAVE 'audiotest.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo
No sound[jpbn@Imac Music]$ aplay -D sysdefault audiotest.wav
ALSA lib pcm_dmix
.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
aplay: main:830: audio open error: Device or resource busy
Can't hear a thing using pw-cat(pw-play) from console. The sound works from firefox (youtube). I can record using pw-cat -r and the result can be heard with the default media player but not with pw-p
2. aplay -D sysdefault fedora_sample.wav ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave aplay: main:830: audio open error: Device or resource busy aplay -D pipewire works This f edora system is upgraded from f33
3. I had a crash trying to enable my bluetooth headset. Unfortunately the was not able to report the bug via the 'Problem Reporting' as the retrace failed. The /usr/bin/pipewire-media-session got SIGSEGV ed
|luya||Fedora 34 Design Suite Prerelease on HP Envy X360 Convertible 15 Ryzen 2500U|
|makelix||Lenovo ThinkPad W530||||||||||||
Internal audio, DisplayPort and Jabra.
2. I couldn't get sound to play over HDMI/DisplayPort, but that's probably just my fault.
3. A weird issue: the sound I play through Jabra Link 370 + Jabra Evolve 65 turns to mono output when pavucontrol is on. Other outputs are ok.
4. I'm on KDE Spin so I used Audacity for the recording.
5. No sound over HFP with Jabra Evolve 65 headset.
|nicdm||Aspire E1-572G V2.04|
|nielsenb||HP Compaq 8510w Intel T9300 AMD RV630|
|nielsenb||HP Compaq 8510w Intel T9300 AMD RV630|
|norbertj||Fedora-Xfce-Live-x86_64-34-20210407.n.0.iso as live image on 1. new desktop PC with Ryzen 3 3200G, B450 chip set and 16 GiB RAM and 2. old desktop PC with Core i5-750, P55 chip set and 4 GiB RAM||||
Works mostly, but "aplay -D sysdefault audiofile.wav" results in "...unable to open slave...". Playback volume can now be changed in alsamixer, but percentages do not match, e.g. 50% in alsamixer corr
espond to 79% in pavucontrol.
|norbertj||Fedora-Xfce-Live-x86_64-34-20210407.n.0.iso as live image on Ideapad V110-15ISK with Core i3-6006U and 8 GiB RAM||||||||
Same deviation between alsamixer and pavucontrol as with my desktop PCs. Additionally sometimes the master control in alsamixer gets stuck and then playback volume can't be changed with pavucontrol ei
ther until reboot. Not observed with F33 and Pulseaudio.
2. Sometimes playback volume cannot be changed, possibly caused by prior invocation of alsamixer.
3. Doesn't work reliable with this laptop. When a headset is plugged into the combo jack, output is switched from internal speakers to headphones most times, but not always. When the headset is unplugged , output either changes back to internal speakers or remains assigned to the combo jack, in which case the displayed output device in pavucontrol changes from "Headphones (plugged in)" to "Headphones (unplugged)".
|phingerphuck||Dell Precision 3551|
|ritchierankin||Late 2012 Mac mini Server, 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, macOS Mojave, VMware Fusion Pro 11.0.2||||||
No sound at all from headphones. Microphone indicator working in Settings>Sound>Input Device. Pavucontrol> Input Devices> Microphone indicator works. Settings>Sound>Output Device>Test doesn't work.
2. Microphone indicator meter works on front left but not on front right in Pavucontrol>Volume Control>Input Devices with Lock channels unlocked. Recorded a recording on Gnome Sound Recorder. It looked l ike it was recording by the sound wave indicator. There was noise on the playback, but the recording was not speech recognizable by my ears. My output is not working right, so it is impossible for me to know for sure if it recorded correctly. But it did record something by the indication of the sound wave indicator.
|royboy626||MSI P965 MB;Audio: 82801H (ICH8 Family);G73 [GeForce 7600 GT (nouveau);||||||
#3) aplay -D hw:0 file.wav -> set_params:1349: Channels count non available
2. #4 works: prev audio test day, it did not; #8 N/A
I didn't notice any major difference between audiotest.wav and lowrate.wav; for me, both are fine.
2. #1075, #1829, 1. ? ########## $ aplay -L null Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture) pipewire PipeWire Sound Server default Default ALSA Output (currently PipeWire Med ia Server) hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 0 HDMI Audio Output hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=1 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 1 HDMI Audio Output hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=2 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 2 HDMI Audio Output hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=3 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 3 HDMI Audio Output hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=4 HDA Intel HDMI, HDMI 4 HDMI Audio Output sysdefault:CARD=PCH HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog Default Audio Device front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog Front output / input surround21:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers surround40:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers surround41:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers surround50:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers surround51:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers surround71:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 HDA Intel PCH, CX20751/2 Analog 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers 2. ? ########## $ aplay -D sysdefault /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave aplay: main:830: audio open error: No such file or directory $ aplay -D sysdefault /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1075:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave aplay: main:830: audio open error: No such file or directory 3. ? ########## $ aplay -D hw:X /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1829:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card $ aplay -D hw:X /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1829:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card aplay: main:830: audio open error: No such device aplay: main:830: audio open error: No such device 4. Ok! ########## $ aplay -D pipewire /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono 5. Ok! ########## $ aplay -D sysdefault:CARD=PCH /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Noise.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono
3. I could not select a different device to output the application sound for each playing aplications, only for both. I didn't find the button to do this. My version is pavucontrol 4.0. Other than that, all is fine.
|sp6ina||Huawei Matebook 14 2020 AMD||||
Work fine without error.
|sp6ina||PC - i3||||
WSJTX <-> ALSA <-> Yaesu FT-DX3000 . Zero problems, everythink work exelent.
|theonlyandy||bare-metal live USB||||
Crashed once when changing application volume for Firefox playing youtube, but I couldn't reproduce the issue.
|thunderbirdtr||16 × Intel® Core™ i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super MAX Q / 32GB RAM|
tested on internal audio and Logitech ClearChat USB
2. for test 2 had to specify default not sysdefault in command
3. running XFCE not Gnome - have not tested
4. mono source only tested
5. adding / removing devices work and they all show, however inconsistent on whether speakers or headphones have to be selected manually after plugging or unplugging. Sometimes switches automatically so metimes manually. Audacious also froze and on restart had switched to ALSA Output. Was able to change back to pulseaudio without issue. I don't think this is a Fedora upgrade bug have had similar problems using Xubuntu previously.
6. No bluetooth on this computer, not tested
7. tested with built-in audio and USB headphones all good
8. used M-Audio Oxygen 49 for kb test
|user||Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GM-UD2H, AMD® Athlon(tm) ii x2 250 processor × 2 , 7,3 GiB, Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition Prerelease)|